Comprehensive Childbirth Prep
Our most popular class, when you finish the series you will be ready for anything! We can't wait to meet you and get started on the journey together!
Our comprehensive childbirth classes take place over the course of 4 weeks and happens virtually through live + interactive classes with supplemental video content. Students are provided with a customized class handouts and access to Manhattan Birth’s extensive resource lists which include recommended reading, practitioners, and resources online and around NYC.
**All Manhattan Birth Childbirth Education Classes include Lactation + Newborn Care**
Our 4-week childbirth education class will cover topics including but not limited to:
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and childbirth
- Signs, Stages and Emotional Signposts of Labor
- Optimal Fetal Positioning
- Pain Management Techniques and comfort measures for birth: hands on techniques for pain reduction (massage), breathing, relaxation, position choices, pressure points and much more
- Choosing your support team for labor and beyond
- Understanding + positively navigating medical interventions and inductions
- Writing a birth plan feels right for your family
- Advocating for yourself or your partner
- Pain medication options during childbirth
- Cesarean Birth
- Postpartum Health
And much more!
We recommend bringing a support person or partner to our classes. Partners and support people who take our classes are the most tuned in. They are confident, encouraging and PREPARED to really support you through labor. Single and solo parents are always welcome and encouraged to attend Manhattan Birth’s childbirth classes.
We guarantee that you will leave our classes ready for anything that comes your way. You can do this! We know you can!
Upon registering for class, you will receive a link in to access class virtually via Zoom.
All class times are EST (Eastern Standard Time).