Childbirth Refresher Course
Been here before? Expecting again? Why not hire a sitter and have a couple of date nights back in class at Manhattan Birth? We will be happy to have you back!
Having completed a childbirth series in the past with us, let us jog your memory. Breathing, labor practice, and candid conversations about what it all feels like - Let's do it again! Only this time, we promise, it will be different from the first.
We have specially formulated two of the classes in our regular series so you can join us, this time as experts, and review what labor is like and coping techniques. In these classes we review:
- the anatomy of labor
- signs and symptoms in labor
- emotional signposts - how we act in labor
- partner support
- pain coping
- comforting touch
- positioning and the use of gravity in birth
We also provide you with a packet that includes everything you need to refresh your memory and get you ready for your next birth.
All refresher courses are 2 consecutive visits. As always, we are happy to tailor a schedule for you that fits your needs if it is helpful.
Upcoming Dates in 2017
- June 4 and 11 - 6:15-9:00 p.m.
- July 9 and 16 - 2:15-5:00 p.m.
- August 6 and 13 - 6:15-9:00 p.m.
- September 10 and 17 - 2:15-5:00 p.m.
- October 8 and 15 - 6:15-9:00 p.m.
- November 5 and 12 - 2:15-5:00 p.m.
- December 10 and 17 - 6:15-9:00 p.m.