Pregnancy Mentoring Sessions
- What kind of birth do I want?
- Who are the supportive providers in the area?
- How do I choose a birth setting?
- Where do I even start?
- Wanna pick our brains?
We are happy to share our insider-expertise with you. Tanya and the teachers at Manhattan Birth have been through this process with hundreds of couples and love to help people find their way. We have been the "fly on the wall" in nearly every birth setting around and can help get you started off in the right direction.
We offer mentoring services and resources to pregnant couples on any topic that suits your needs, based on your desires for your birth. Mentoring sessions are offered in our office on the upper west side, or via phone or Skype. Follow up resources are generously provided. Here are some of the most popular questions we receive in mentoring sessions:
- How can I get the birth I want?
- How can we prepare for this birth?
- Can you help me find a great, supportive care provider?
- I'm thinking of becoming pregnant but I want to get a head start.
- I've already had a baby but I want to do my next pregnancy differently!
- What's the difference between and doctor and a midwife in the hospital?
- Can you help me figure out where to give birth?
- What's the difference between giving birth in the hospital, birthing center, or at home?
- Can you tell me about the hospitals in the area?
- Can you tell me about the birth centers in the area?
- Might home birth be right for us?
- What kinds of things have seen in your experience?
- What kind of support do I need?
- Can you help me find a doula?
- Can you help me find a pediatrician?
- What types of things do we need for the baby?
- What types of things do we need for lactation & feeding?
- I have a million questions about feeding my baby - can you help?
Private pregnancy mentoring sessions via telephone or Skype are priced as follows:
- 60-minute session: $95
- 90-minute session: $125
- 120-minute session or two 60-minute sessions: $150