New Moms Support Group
"Somehow, three moms and three babies is 100 times easier than one mom and one baby. "
-Tanya Wills, Founder
Jenna Bourgeois (facilitator) is a new mom, doula, childbirth educator, and Certified Breastfeeding Counselor who works constantly with women in the initial postpartum time, striving to create a safe space for new moms in our community. A place you can come while your baby cries the whole time. Yes, please come. A place you can come not worrying about a shower and makeup, or we can be your excuse for a shower and some make up! The variety of emotional ranges and physical changes can feel isolating - but there's a woman out there thinking those same thoughts you are! We want you to get a chance to meet her. Come meet the moms you can create friendships with, not just because you're now moms, but because there's a true spark of friendship.
This is not a "class", but instead is a peer support group facilitated by a non-judgmental, working mom who has and will cry, laugh and listen right alongside you, while offering her expertise. And maybe take turns holding each others' babies while we're at it.
We'll start each week with a general go around and check-in, followed by activities focused on our weekly topic. We'll be exploring, writing, and talking about common concerns for new moms and developing strategies and sharing resources for solutions.
***The 9th session of our group is devoted to an Optional Infant CPR Class (for an additional $50).***
Topics may include:
- Birth processing
- Sleep, self-care
- Baby blues vs postpartum depression, and the indigo range between
- Navigating friendships, old friends, childless friends, new friends, those with different parenting philosophies
- Feelings of isolation
- Self image and body image
- Infant feeding, including lactation, pumping, and bottles
- Childcare issues and considerations; To work or not to work? Work from home?
- Relationship balance, including sex
- What topic would you bring up?
We meet for 8 Tuesdays in Manhattan, but start anytime. We will prorate the price for you.:
- May 16 - July 6 (July 4 meeting is moved to July 6) (Optional Infant CPR July 11)
Or 8 Wednesdays in Crown Heights, Brooklyn:
- May 17 - July 5 (Optional Infant CPR July 12)
Time: 11:30-2:00 (please feel free to bring your lunch)
Price: $300 ***We are interested in building a community for you. Prorated sessions are available if you will be away or join after the start of the series. You are more than welcome to join a group already in session for a prorated price. We are unable to offer "pay-as-you-go"/drop-ins.***
Optional Infant CPR/Relief of Choking Dates and Pricing
- July 11 in Manhattan
- July 12 in Crown Heights
- For a New Mom already in our Support Group: $50
- Add on your Partner to CPR: $45
- Bring your Nanny or other Caregiver to CPR: $65
*Open to moms and babies up to 6 months of age.