“I’ve read all of Ina May. . .
maybe I should learn something about this baby!”
Childbirth is a day. Then, while you recover, the baby is with you day after day! Learn to parent and feed with confidence. We've got your back!
This three-hour class covers everything you need to know for the first 3 months of life with your baby.
**Note: All classes will be held virtually for the time being in an effort to protect our community**
Upcoming dates in 2020:
Time: Sundays 1:00-4:00 p.m. (EST)
Location: On Zoom
Teachers: Tanya Wills, CNM, IBCLC
Cost: $195 (special discount offered for solo parents)
The Lactation & Newborn Care Class will include:
- Skin to skin in the first hour
- Getting started with a great latch
- Optimizing your milk supply
- Introducing a bottle/pumping
- Baby care: spitting up, cradle cap, baby acne
- Basic Diapering, Swaddling
- Bathing your baby – how and when
- The newborn’s abilities and states of being
- Reading your baby’s cues - crying, gas, fussiness, and colic
- Calming your baby
- Sleep/nighttime parenting
- Relationships (partner, family, friends)
- Managing your support team: What is a postpartum doula? What is a baby nurse?
- List of resources provided