Holistic Newborn Care
You and your baby in the fourth trimester
“I’ve read all of Ina May . . . maybe I should learn something about this baby!”
I uttered these words nearly eight years ago and hear them all the time from my students. Now, Manhattan Birth is offering classes for parents who are prepared for childbirth and are waiting to welcome their babies.
This three-hour class covers everything you need to know for the first 3 months of life with your baby.
Upcoming Dates in 2017:
- June 19, 2017
- July 31, 2017
- August 28, 2017
- October 2, 2017
- November 6, 2017
- December 18, 2017
Time: 6:15-9:00 p.m.
Location: 106th Street and Columbus Avenue in Manhattan (exact address given upon registration)
Cost: $125/Couple or $95/single
The Holistic Newborn Care Class will include:
- Baby care: spitting up, cradle cap, baby acne
- Basic Diapering, Swaddling
- Bathing your baby – how and when
- The newborn’s abilities and states of being
- Reading your baby’s cues - crying, gas, fussiness, and colic
- Infant soothing – the 4th trimester and the 5 s’s
- Post birth recovery
- Relationships (partner, family, friends)
- Managing your support team: What is a postpartum doula? What is a baby nurse?
- List of resources provided