Childbirth for Early Birds
DATES TBA on the Upper West Side; $95/couple or $65/single
Newly pregnant? Thinking of becoming pregnant? Stop asking your friends. Start here.
We will show you your options. Get answers from us - we have been everywhere.
In Childbirth for Early Birds, we answer the following:
- What kind of birth do I want?
- Who are the supportive providers in the area?
- How do I choose a birth setting?
- Where do I even start?
- Wanna pick our brains?
Upcoming: DATES TBA Upper West Side; $95/couple or $65/single
Tanya Wills and the teachers at Manhattan Birth have been through this process with hundreds of couples and love to help people find their way. We have been the "fly on the wall" in nearly every birth setting around and can help get you started off in the right direction. We are excited to share our insider-expertise with you in this special Early Bird Class. At the end of this class you can expect to have a better understanding of:
- How can I get the birth I want?
- How can we prepare for this birth?
- How do I find a great, supportive care provider?
- What's the difference between a doctor and a midwife in the hospital?
- What's the difference between giving birth in the hospital, birthing center, or at home?
- What kind of support do I need?
- What does a doula do?
Classes are friendly to those planning to birth in all different settings and ways: unmedicated, epidural and planned cesarean. If you aren't sure what you want to do you we will help you figure it out. People who are fully informed of their choices in childbirth have much more satisfying birth experiences.
Manhattan Birth welcomes all kinds of couples, families, and pregnant folks in our classes. Single Moms and Single Moms by Choice are also welcome in our classes. We recommend someone from your support team accompany you to class. Our classes are friendly and welcoming to people planning to give birth in the hospital, birthing center, at home, or if you're not sure yet. We would love to have you.